Sunday, May 13, 2012

Say Hello to My LIttle Friend

Please visit and like my new facebook page Georgia Home Garden.

Yes that was a quote from the movie Scarface on my garden blog.  It was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this.  While surveying my new bermuda sod I noticed half a dozen or more "weeds" popping up in my grass.  Upon closer inspection I noticed the weeds were actually pea seedlings that have germinated and sprouted through my grass.

I guess a few weeks ago when I ripped all the pea vines out, seeds must have gotten mixed in during my sod project and sprouted.  I know these seedlings won't survive, but I found it cool that they sprouted through the grass. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That is funny and so unexpected. You could add the young pea shoots to your salads.

Tomato Thymes said...

Amazing what pops up and then where.

Lisa

Kris said...

Grafix - I have never done that but I may have to try it.

Lisa - True in gardening, true in life.