Monday, September 12, 2011

Garden Harvests - September 12th

Please visit and like my new facebook page Georgia Home Garden.

The weather was wonderful this past week. Temperatures were consistently in the 70's, which is well below normal for this time of year. The garden is still producing well. I am still getting plenty of peppers, both jalapenos and cowhorns. I harvested two more eggplants this week. I also harvested four tomatoes this week, and it is about time. My roma tomato plant is loaded with fruit now, so I guess it likes the cooler temps. Hopefully there is enough time left in the season for them to ripen. I planted a bed of lettuce and a bed of spinach for the fall, and I can't wait to eat garden fresh salads again. All in all a great week.

Tomatoes, Cowhorn peppers, and Jalapeno peppers

Black Beauty Eggplant

This was another pepper I pulled earlier in the week.  It was the perfect color red.


No comments: