Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Garden Update - July 15, 2012

Please visit and like my new facebook page Georgia Home Garden.

Sorry about the repost, I deleted the original posting by mistake.  Thank goodness for Google cache.

My last garden update was almost a month ago on June 20, 2012.  There have been a lot of changes in the garden and in my personal life since that last post.  I will cover the garden changes now, and the personal changes in the future.  

As for the personal stuff, I will just say August and September are going to be busy months for me and I may not post or comment as frequently.  I will post more details about it soon, but it is not anything bad or dramatic, just change.  I can't wait to share with all my blogging friends.

I will start off with a picture of my peas.  I have got a bunch of them and they are my pride and joy right now.  Five rows of zipper cream and five rows of pinkeye purple hulls.  Over 250 ft total, and I am praying we get a good harvest.

The smaller ones on the left are the purple hulls.  They were planted a few weeks after the zipper creams on the right.
Zipper Creams
Overhead shot of the raised bed garden
One of my potted habanero plants, no peppers yet.
Best Boy Tomato plant
This was my squash bed, finally got off my butt and planted 3 zucchini here.
More tomatoes...
Silver Queen corn in 4x4 bed, this will be my last corn planting.
One of my Black Beauty eggplants, they are like trees.
Biggest disappointment this year is my butter beans.  Sure they look nice and healthy, but they are covered in aphids and ants.  I waited too long to treat them and now it will be too hard to get in there and get rid of them.
Another angle of the raised garden from my patio.
Last but not least, my grass is looking great from my sod project a few months ago.  Everything has grown together and looks so much better than before.

This is what it looked like in April.

No comments: