In part 1, I posted about the prep work involved at my new house before I could move my garden. In this post I detail the finished project. Garden fever is starting to kick in.
Here is a pic of the old garden at Georgia Home Garden 1.0, I always get nostalgic whenever I visit the old homestead and this was no exception. The garden looked pretty rough. The plan was to pry up the frames on each of the beds and haul them to the new house.
Here is a close up after removing one frame, it only took five minutes to pry them up.
After I removed the frames, I decided to rake the soil to loosen the straight edges. This area can still be used to garden and I am leaving the soil. I considered hauling the soil to my new house since it is so rich, but I decided that is too much work. I will start fresh at the new house.
Yes I am from Georgia, and yes I have some red neck in me. I didn't have anything to tie down the bed frames so I just piled all six in my truck and drove really really slow. I took back roads and nothing fell out.
Here is the new spot for the three 4x8 beds. The plan is to put them right outside the shaded area.
Here they are, all done and ready for some fresh dirt. There was an unbelievable amount of work in prepping this area to get to this point, but I am looking forward to spending many hours here.
Another angle, they are placed right below the slope where the ground is a little more level.