Thursday, October 10, 2013

Update on my eye and my retinal detachment

Please visit and like my new facebook page Georgia Home Garden.

It has been three weeks since my surgery and I had another follow up appointment at Emory this morning. Overall the results were very positive, and here are the highlights:
  • The pocket of fluid in my retina is still there, but it has improved since my last visit. The doctor was very  pleased with what he saw and thinks over time it will all drain away.
  • In a few more weeks I can go to my regular eye doctor and get my vision checked in my left eye. It will be a while before my vision in my left eye stabilizes, but the eye doctor can check it and get me a temporary  contact. This will help in the short term so I can use both eyes.
  • My next appointment is in two months on December 5th. They are going to assess my left eye, and also perform laser surgery on my right eye. I have two holes in my retina on that eye, and the laser surgery is going to seal those holes to prevent my right retina from detaching in the future.

Thank you again for all your prayers and support. The prayers and positive thinking have no doubt helped  my eye heal. I am not out of the woods yet, but well on my way to getting back on track.

God bless

6 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad that you are on the mend. Scary situation.

Kris said...

Thank you Rachel. Yes, it has been pretty scary, but modern medicine has saved my sight. Vitreoretinal surgery didn't exist before the 1970's so I am thankful.

kelli said...

this is great news!

Kris said...

Thank you Kelli.

The Stay @ Home-Gardener said...

A family friend had retinal detachment years ago. A scary thought. I am elated to hear that things are working out for you, Kris!

Kris said...

Stay at home,

Sorry about the late response, but yes it has been one of the scariest things I have had to endure. Thanks for the comment.