Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Garden Harvests - April 17, 2012

Please visit and like my new facebook page Georgia Home Garden.

The harvests are starting to come in pretty regular now week by week.  I am done harvesting all my snow peas and the total harvested was just under 7 lbs.  I also harvested a pound of Alaska peas and a small amount of spinach.  I should have some lettuce and more peas coming in just a few more days.  It has been super busy around my house lately, and keeping up with the garden, much less my blog has proved difficult.  I am sorry if I have not been commenting as often on others, and I promise when things settle down I will.  Take care.

Here is a small amount of spinach, I just can't seem to grow good spinach.  
I have poor germination and small harvests.

Quart jar full of Alaska Peas

Same peas shelled

5 comments:

Jenny Rottinger said...

very lovely peas and spinach! mine are only now starting to grow so no chance of harvesting them anytime soon. spinach is so puny that i'm not even sure i will have any to harvest so need to research new varieties and maybe try some of those giant new zealand types.

Kris said...

Thanks Jenny, the peas are great just a pain in the butt to shell. I have a hard time with spinach too.

Ed said...

Your peas and spinach look great. This is the first year that I've grown good spinach. I haven't picked any yet as the plants look so good, LOL!

Kris said...

Thanks Ed, maybe one day I can grow good spinach too.

Reylan | Federal Posters said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.