Saturday, April 7, 2012

Her First Day In The Garden

Please visit and like my new facebook page Georgia Home Garden.

It has been a memorable week for me.  The birth of my second baby girl is something I will never forget.  Unfortunately she has a pretty tough case of jaundice that we have been battling all week. 

Today during one of her fussy moments I decided to take her out in the sun for a few minutes.  Sunlight is supposed to help with jaundice.  I showed her all my vegetables: tomatoes, squash, snow peas, corn, lettuce, spinach, and peas.  She was quite the listener and before I knew it she was asleep on my shoulder.  My wife snapped this photo and I thought I would share.

God bless and I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!

12 comments:

Jenny Rottinger said...

so precious :)

Unknown said...

The photo brought tears to my eyes. Such a magnificent and peaceful moment captured in time. Congratulations again on your new addition.

Happy Easter to you and you family!!

Annie*s Granny said...

How beautiful...the moment and the new daughter. She's a lucky little girl to have such a loving daddy.

Bernadine said...

That is a very sweet and precious picture. I hope you raise a strong and healthy family of gardeners! Very Best Wishes this weekend.

Tomato Thymes said...

lovely picture. Happy Easter to you and your family.
Lisa

Cristy said...

Congratulations on your new daughter. Jaundice goes away pretty quick. 2 of my 3 had it at birth.

That is one awesome picture! You'll have to make a copy of that one for your office.

SmithGang said...

Congratulations ! Our Granddaughter had it badly we placed her bassinet under a window and tuned her all day next morning when we returned to the hospital again for testing gone. Praying for her and your family,babies are such a Blessing and to Garden with daddy from the begininning is such an AWWWW... moment .God Bless your Growing Family:)

Unknown said...

Congratulations to you all... it's a wonderful time for you..
*hug*

Aran

kelli said...

what a beautiful photo! from what i can see she is adorable.=)

Kris said...

Thanks everyone for the kind comments and the well wishes. Just an update, she still has jaundice and her numbers aren't coming down.

Worst case scenario would be we have to get readmitted to the hospital to have the more powerful light therapy done. We had that done for our first daughter. We know everything will turn out ok in the end, it is just a pretty big inconvenience now because we have to take her to the hospital every day to get lab work done.

Rhonda Gales said...

What a precious moment. Good luck withthe jaundice.

Kris said...

rmgales - Thank you, we finally are on the back side of the jaundice. Her numbers came down enough to where we don't have to do lab work or light therapy anymore.