Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Harvest / Garden Update

Please visit and like my new facebook page Georgia Home Garden.

It has been several days since I have posted anything on this blog. There hasn't been much going on, I have just been busy with life. My softball season is done, so that frees up one more day to work out in the garden. We played 4 softball games last night and won the championship in our church league.

We got a good three hours worth of rain last Friday and a good storm today. It is amazing how quickly everything bounces back. It just gets so hot this time of year that by the time I get home from work all I want to do is cut the zukes that are ready and go back in the A/C.

Speaking of zukes, here is the latest harvest weighing 4.5 lbs. That brings my yearly total to 44 pounds of zucchini harvested so far. I don't know if that is a lot for 3 plants or not, but it has been more than enough for us to eat and give away.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Annie*s Granny said...

Congratulations, champions!

I got 45 pounds of zucchini from one plant last year, but that was the best one plant harvest in 50 years of gardening! As productive as zucchini are supposed to be, I don't always get bumper crops from them. I think yours are doing great.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! They look great.
Ribbit

Kris said...

Granny - 45 pounds from one plant is impressive. Now I know what to strive for. Thanks for the encouragement.

Ribbit - Thanks.