Thursday, June 2, 2011

Harvest Update - June 2nd

Please visit and like my new facebook page Georgia Home Garden.

The snow peas are almost done putting out pods.  The biggest batch of the Oregon Sugar Pod II peas came through tonight.  I got 1.5 lbs which is the most I have harvested in one day.  I have harvested almost 7 pounds of snow peas, which is good but much less than I had hoped for.  I think the extreme heat this spring has hurt my yields.   I have harvested the last of the lettuce, and I am surprised it made it this long.  I think I will try growing this again in late fall.  My 2011 harvest total is at 40+ lbs. and the zucchini is responsible for a lot of that.

Snow Peas - 1.5 pounds
 

Some of the zucchini and squash -  Look at the siamese squash.  Two flowered and grew as one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh wow! I can post comments again. I am surprised that your snow peas are still growing in the heat. I am still waiting for mine to climb the trellis and begin flowering. The mutant squash must have been a surprise.

Cindy said...

Wow! You're garden is really producing despite the heat.

Kris said...

GrafixMuse - Was there a problem with Blogger? I had someone else say they couldn't post. As for the snow peas, that must have been their last hoorah because they are done. I can't complain they aren't supposed to grow at 100+ degrees!

Cindy - Thanks, I am trying to water the best I can. I have been out of town for a few days, so I will be watering a lot tomorrow. We are supposed to see 103 next week.