Saturday, February 18, 2012

Garden Projects and a Pregnant Woman's Patience

Please visit and like my new facebook page Georgia Home Garden.

Ok, I will be the first to admit that I ALWAYS have something going on when it comes to home projects.  We have lived in our house for 11 years and I have touched every square inch of this house.  Every door, window, light fixture, flooring, you name it and I have replaced it.

My wife is seven months pregnant and sometimes taking on new projects around this time can be a delicate subject to say the least.  I remember when she was 7 months pregnant with our first daughter 5 years ago.  She came home (on our anniversary of all days) to find our bathroom completely gutted.  I am talking down to the studs gutted.  I had reasoned that the 1970's bathroom needed to be updated, and what better time than before the baby gets here.  I had two weeks off and I was determined to get it done.  Long story short, and a lot of stressful days and I got it done.

Fast forward to this pregnancy.  We have decided to replace the carpet in our house before the baby gets here in April.  Sounds easy enough, but I reasoned that if we are going to do that, than now would be the time for me to replace the three remaining interior doors to newer style doors.  Next came the closets, I put a new closet organizer in the baby's room.  It looked so nice that I decided to put the same system in our other two closets.  You can see where this is going.

So we pretty much have everything done and are waiting for the carpet installers in a couple weeks and now I have gotten an obsession with growing my own seedlings this year.  So when I came home this afternoon to explain the purpose of the 4 foot shop light and what I was going to do with it, I got "the look".  The look in a pregnant woman's eyes that says, "Buddy, if I hear one more thing about another project"....you can fill in the rest.

So yes, I am putting in a new grow light and hope to have a post up showing what I came up with.  Assuming I am still alive.  I love you babe. 


Here is a shot of the bathroom from 2006.  Nice wallpaper and lime green tile.
Happy anniversary!  Welcome to your new bathroom.
This was the finished product.  It took me three weeks, but she forgave me.

No comments: