Thursday, March 15, 2012

What's wrong with this picture?

Please visit and like my new facebook page Georgia Home Garden.

What is wrong with the picture below?  No, those aren't our forecasted temperatures for May, that is our current 10 day forecast.  We broke a record high today of 84 degrees.  The thermometer on my car at one point said 89 degrees in some parts of town.  Really, I mean almost 90 degrees on March 15th, you have got to be kidding.

I hope this is not a sign of what kind of summer we are in for.  On the bright side, the warm temps are great for my corn and peas I planted a week ago.  Maybe it will speed germination.

6 comments:

Jenny Rottinger said...

While I love warmer weather I'm a bit sad because this is not normal by any means. and yet they still keep saying there is no such thing as global warming :( Welcome to summer in March.

kelli said...

wow! it's unseasonably warm here too, with temps in the 70's, 20-25 degrees above normal for march. i hope it helps my peas too!

Kris said...

Jenny - This is definitely not normal, it does seem to get hotter every year, or maybe I just get older and can't handle it as much.

Kelli - Hopefully the heat wave will only last a few days. 70's are awesome for March, but upper 80's is a little too much for me. My peas just started to flower today.

Annie*s Granny said...

Unseasonably cold here in Eastern Washington. We're running about 10F below our normal March temperatures on most days and nights. Maybe only half the globe is warming ;-)

Cristy said...

Your high temps beat ours. Birmingham had 88 yesterday. We only got to 82. 88 is summer temps for B'ham.

Kris said...

Granny - Looks like you are one of the few places with that problem, I am sure it will catch up to you on that side of the globe.

Cristy - We are running 84 right now, but it feels like at least 90 today. We are technically still in winter, wow!