Monday, August 29, 2011

Trading Dirt for Oil and Grease

Please visit and like my new facebook page Georgia Home Garden.

So where have I been for the last few weeks? I have traded my free time getting my hands dirty with garden dirt for getting them oiled up and greasy on a new truck I bought.

The truck is not new, but it is new to me. I bought a 1998 F150 and I have been busting my butt trying to get it in tip top shape. Changing plugs, wires, fuel filter, fuel injectors, alternator, oil, air filter. You get the idea, I have turned back into a grease monkey. I actually worked in one of those quick lube places for about 4 years. This was before I became a white collar man. Busting knuckles in the August heat made me remember why I became a while collar man too.

It has been fun though trying to get my new project all up and running. The picture in this post is of my existing work truck. It is a 1984 F150 and I hope to sell it to fund my new truck. My new truck has A/C, a radio, and a lot of other things ol' red doesn't. Hopefully I can post a picture of my new truck when I am all done with it.

In the meantime, I hope to get back to the garden and post more frequently. It has just been so hot and dry, we really need some rain

No comments: